Candida Duran Taveras
Hello! I am a Birth & Postpartum Doula and a Birth Photographer/Videographer serving Salt Lake County, and surrounding areas, in both English and Spanish.
My life was completely dedicated to the world of documentary film for over 8 years. That changed in 2015 when I accepted a job working with toddlers and infants. That job turned into a passion, and after having my own child I decided that it was time for me to become a doula. A few weeks after giving birth, I took the first opportunity I could find and trained with Genesis Birth Company. Since then, I have combined my passions and have never been happier!
I believe that every birthing person knows what’s best for their body. All births are beautiful and I am here to support you and help you have the birth experience that you want. As a Person of Color, my mission is to empower brown, black, and indigenous people through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
Along with birth services, I can help you live a more sustainable life. I believe that it is important for us to take care of the earth while bringing life onto her.
Regardless of your national origin, race, color, religion, ability, sex, familial status, and identity, I’m here to listen to you, to support your vision of pregnancy and parenthood, and help facilitate it into fruition. As a non-judgmental birth professional whose agenda is YOUR agenda, my mission is to ensure you feel the steady pulse of support, commiseration, and empowerment you deserve. Together we will find ways for your pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum to feel fulfilling, connected, and manageable.
Are you Black, indigenous, person of color (BIPOC)? Ask me about scholarship opportunities!
Education • Advanced TRAININGs • RECOGNITIONs
• Spinning Babies® Workshop - Provo, UT, 2019
• Advance Rebozo Specialist & Postpartum Belly Binder - Orem, UT, 2019
• 2019 VBAC Doula Training - Orem, UT, 2019
• Genesis Birth Company Postpartum Doula Training - Salt Lake City, UT, 2018
• Genesis Birth Company Birth Doula Training - Provo, UT, 2017
• Bachelors in Film & Media Arts - University of Utah, 2014
• Fear No Film Festival - Utah Arts Festival, 2014 & 2011
• Society of Professional Journalists Award - Salt Lake City, UT, 2013
• Society of Professional Journalists Award - Denver, CO, 2013
• Rocky Mountain SW Chapter of National Academy of Television & Science Award - Phoenix, AZ, 2012
• Cine Las Americas Festival- Austin, TX, 2012
• Westport Youth Film Festival - Westport, CT, 2011
What’s a Doula? Read our FAQ!